Why is Acting so special for kids?
Aside from being just plain fun and entertaining, there are so many ways that acting lessons translate to real-life skills, whether you child wants to become a serious career actor or just enjoys it as a hobby. This is an investment for life, and nurturing this passion pays off in so many ways.
- Acting builds confidence! Putting oneself out there is vulnerable and frightening, but within our supportive community and our expert training, kids gain social skills they never thought they had and self-esteem is naturally built.
- It’s their own community. This is separate from their school groups, unique to them, a private interest they share with like-minded people.
- Presentation skills. Let’s face it, at some point in life, we all have to give a presentation, a role that ranks as one of the most feared in life. Acting and the mental preparation it requires will aid in any scenario where one has to perform in front of a group. Invaluable.
- Camaraderie & teamwork. No actor has ever been successful on their own—it’s a group effort with a team that’s working together in a troupe to create a successful scene and production. Life is a team effort!
- Using your voice. There is nothing more important than becoming a self-advocate and with the guidance and experience from acting classes, children will grow to understand what it means to be heard.