When an actor is ready to propel their acting career forward, they must not only demonstrate their artistry but also understand that they are now a business. Coach Katie works closely with parents and older teens who are committed to an acting career and how best to manage the business of being an actor.
Her extensive experience in the TV and Film industry, as well her keen ability to identify new and emerging talent makes her a powerful influencer. As an actor, producer, director and business owner, Coach Katie understands the creative vision required to make sure an artist’s work is recognized and celebrated. Constructive feedback is provided. Areas for discussion include:
- Your unique acting style, niche and target projects and opportunities
- Additional training required so you can confidently present yourself to talent agents and casting directors
- Industry Standard headshot, resumes and reels.
- The art of auditions, booking gigs and on-site etiquette
- Online presence and self promotion: website, demo reel, clips, YouTube/Vimeo, social media profiles, IMDB, etc
- How to manage an active social media presence and build your list
- How to build relationships and trust with potential casting directors, talent agents, directors and industry professionals
- How to work with casting offices, agents, managers and publicists
- Union representation
- The costs of acting and career in this Industry
- Money management and reinvesting in your business
- Multiple revenue streams from commercials, to movies to voice over work